George Michael and the Anti-Christ

Just home from seeing a preview of the remake of classic fright-fest The Omen. Am utter waste of celluloid. No frights, no chemistry between the actors, uninspired cinematography, bland direction by John Moore, and an almost exact re-write by David Seltzer of his original screenplay. Give it a miss, folks, it was laborious and tedious.
Leaving the cinema, my friend Cerise and I went out to a Japanese restaurant on Swanston Street for a quick bite. No sooner had we ordered than the waitress asked hesitantly, in broken English, if I knew the name of the song currently being played on the in-house PA. It was George Michael singing 'Careless Whispers.'
The fact that I knew that was far scarier than the film I'd just suffered through!
Comments
Bummer about The Omen - I was really looking forward to that. Love a good horror, especially one with mindless slashing. Sounds like a H2O-ish venture.